This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. This content is intended for readers who are 21 and over. #MiCervezaPremium #CollectiveBias
It’s the time of year that everyone focuses on resolutions and creating better lifestyles. It’s that new chapter, an excuse to start over, and a time to start your summer body routine! I grew up eating and loving Mexican Food but I was extremely active as a competitive swimmer. Lifestyle changes for me meant learning ways to portion control, finding lighter alternatives, and keeping my active lifestyle.
The holidays have come and gone but our next time of indulgence is just around the corner, the Big Game. It’s hard to resist the tasty dips, appetizers and finger foods that complement the day but the calories can add up quickly. How can you maintain your better living streak with all the temptation?
The typical set up includes so many savory options. This year I plan to include lighter options, some of my favorite savory items, and something special for the gals. Game Day has always focused the boys but it’s time we cheer for the gals. With a little help from Michelob ULTRA, I’m bringing a Girly Game Day setup including cheerleaders! So, how can you create a Girly Game Day set up of your own?
I have included the DIY Cheerleader skirt below. Pair that with Michelob ULTRA which only has 95 calories, flavored salts, michelada mix, nuts, and some fruits. Of course, game day with my family always includes something spicy and tangy!
DIY Cheerleader Skirt:
-2 or 3 Felt colors of choice – you will need less than 1/8 yard of each
-20 inches of 1/8 grosgrain, color of choice
-Glue Gun with Glue Sticks
*Optional: Embellishments for top of pom poms
– Cut Felt into rectangles 2 inches x 1.5 inches
o 2 colors: cut 6 of each color
o 3 colors: cut 6 of color 1, 4 of color 2, and 3 of color 3
– Cut 2 ¾ inch felt circles – color is not important because these will not show
– Fold 10 (save one of each color for the pom poms) rectangles lengthwise to form an S and glue fabric insides that touch – this should look more like a triangle now
– Glue first color of the triangles spaced evenly on the ribbon
– Glue the second color/s in between
– Cut the last rectangles into five strips each and divide to make pom poms
– Glue onto felt circles in a star like pattern alternating colors and place embellishment on top
– Flip ribbon over and glue these to the front about 2 inches apart
– Tie on your bottle
Whether you are celebrating this game day with family or friends, there is always room for the best beer option for an active lifestyle – Michelob ULTRA. Spice up your girly beer bar with some Latin inspirations and don’t forget to bring your squad. These cheerleader skirts aren’t just reserved for beer they work for all beverages, condiments, and serving pieces! Hope your game day set is a WIN for your home team!