This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.#GameDayBundle #PlayPauseRefresh #CollectiveBias
It’s Sunday and you know what that means this time of year, football (or in my case, shopping-LOL)! I’m actually not a huge fan of the game but love any excuse to have friends over. Tailgating was something I loved in the past but now that I have a little one, homegating parties are just easier. You still have a great time minus the traffic, walking, babysitter/fussy child, and crowds.
The perfect homegating party isn’t complete without a great spread of tasty bite size treats! Since you will be indulging on great food, Coca-Cola has created a new drink, COCA-COLA® ZERO SUGAR. An easy drink option to pair with your easy eats.
It’s no secret I love Mexican food and flavors. My Latina roots show every time I make something and this recipe is no different. An enchilada cupcake, not your grandma’s recipe, but something easy, quick, and can be individually served!
THE ENCHILADA CUPCAKE RECIPE
4 c Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese (divided 3 c/ 1 c)
3 tbsp Chili Powder (divided 1tbsp/ 2 tbsp)
2 c Chicken Broth
1 Bag of Restaurant Style White Tortilla Chips
1 Rotisserie Chicken (deboned)
1 10oz. can Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilis
1 tsp corn starch
¼ c cold water
Preheat oven to 350°.
For the sauce:
1. Blend the Tomatoes and Green Chilis in the food processor to create a watery paste.
2. In a medium sauce pan combine the paste, 1 tbsp of chili powder, and 2 cups of chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 mins on medium heat.
3. In a separate bowl, dissolve corn starch into cold water.
4. Add this into the pan the last minute of cooking to add thickness.
5. Remove from stove and set aside.
For the Main Dish:
1. Make sure to have a large MAIN bowl to mix all ingredients before you begin.
2. Crush chips and add to the main bowl.
3. Add remaining 2 tbsp of chili powder and 3 cups of cheese and mix.
4. Slowly add sauce to moisten the mixture until it’s all in.
5. Fold in the shredded chicken.
6. Fill stand-alone cupcake liners ¾ of the way with mixture, sprinkle with remaining cheese, place onto a cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 10 mins or until cheese has melted completely.
8. Let cool and serve with your favorite sauces, sour cream, guacamole, lettuce, and/or tomatoes. I think the best topping is a combination of green salsa and sour cream!
***This recipe makes 24. You can make in a large dish to serve as a casserole or double for a large party.
*** You can substitute ground beef/turkey, fajita meat, or skip the meat for a vegetarian option.
Watching football, whether at the game or at home, wouldn’t be the same without the food. These are easy to transport or serve at home. With a little quick preparation, you can create a different Mexican inspired option for game day. Score a touchdown with your guests and pick up COKE ZERO SUGAR at Randalls!
Show us how you #PlayPauseRefresh for a chance to win a $25 gift card or even a grand prize package including a 55″ television, a sound bar, a TV stick, and a catered viewing party. For more information on how to enter please click HERE.
Quick and easy recipes are my jam, who has time to be in the kitchen when you can be doing something else? Check out my quick and easy CHICKEN MOLE DIP or my JALAPENO BRUSCHETTA– both great for your next party!