[This post is sponsored by @PebblesCereal, as always opinions are fabulously my own.]
Back to school equals back to organizing for us! Getting back into our school routine has proved to be more challenging than I anticipated. The waking up earlier, planning outfits, lunches, and snacks is a true time sucker! Although I’m happy that my daughter is back to school, I did enjoy our summer vacation. We really had a chance to enjoy crafts, travel, and new things. One of our favorite things to do is “crafty snacks”!
I want to continue throughout the school year making time for us to do these crafty snacks and incorporating learning activities(new letters or numbers). Most 4-year old’s (including mine) have the attention span of a gnat so giving her creative ways to learn helps. She is really into the Trolls right now; this snack was inspired by that movie.
1 box Fruity Peebles Cereal
2c Plain Greek Yogurt
1c Fruit of your choice
1 box of mini cones
Food Writer Markers
1. First start by dicing the fruit into very small pieces. You are serving in mini cones so these pieces have to fit inside. You will need one big piece of fruit for the top of each cone- I used strawberries and cut the middle into strips for this part.
2. Create the faces or words on your cones (or let your child do it themselves).
3. Fill layers of yogurt, fruit, and cereal to the top of the cone (make sure the top layer is yogurt).
4. Place the big piece of fruit at the top and pipe yogurt to surround it.
5. Sprinkle Fruity Pebbles on top.
6. Optional: Sprinkle eatable glitter for a little sparkle.
***Serve Immediately, they will get soggy otherwise.
This snack is sure to be something exciting and new this school for you little one. No matter what age your child, these treats will bring a smile to their face. The recipe can be adjusted to bigger cones for older children and make a great party snack!
To see more quick and easy recipes click HERE!