[This post is sponsored by Holster Brands, as always, opinions are fabulously my own.]
New shoes can make a you feel great! They can add a finishing touch to your outfit or some character to an otherwise boring ensemble. Although new shoes look fabulous, they don’t always feel that way. It seems like FOR-EV-ER (Sandlot Style – lol) sometimes to break them in. So, when you find yourself a good pair you want to hold on to them. The problem, well, they don’t always stay looking fabulous. Running around, chasing kids, and everyday wear and tear can cause them to get scuffed.
As I was spring cleaning, I had a hard time parting ways with these red flats. They weren’t really expensive or designer but they fit like a glove! I was on a mission to save them because SHOE LOVE is TRUE LOVE, right?
I had seen the glitter shoe trend all over the place but full glitter just isn’t a practical shoe for a busy woman. I decided to create a glitter heart at the tip, something to compliment a girly style but also not be too dramatic. It covered the scuffs and made them like new again. Such a simple fix that saved my shoes! See below how you can do the same!
-Your Shoes with scuffs
-Clear Nail Polish
-1 Sticky Note
1. Wipe your shoes with a wet cloth to make sure not dirt is present.
2. Fold sticky note and cut a 1.5-inch heart at the top.
3. Place on the tip of both shoes and trace with the pencil.
4. Fill the heart in with glue and sprinkle glitter. Let this dry overnight.
5. Tape the other edges of the heart and file uneven sections.
6. Paint the glitter nail polish and sprinkle glitter. Let this dry for 3 hours.
7. Paint a final coat of nail polish and you have a finished heart!