So it’s the new year and everyone is posting about new year resolutions. For me, I try to make a point of improving myself no matter what time of the year it is. After all, if you’re not improving, you’re staying the same. And who wants to do that?
As a mom, things don’t always go as planned and your life is no longer your own. There are some days when we are fancy and others when the top knot and tennis shoes suit us well. There are days when I am on point with my business and other days I am a MOMBIE and it’s a struggle. This year I am going to be THAT mom and I am ok with it.
I am going to be the mom that…
1. Lets go of the busy and loves my little one unconditionally
2. Is ok with my child eating sugar as long she continues to also eat her veggies
3. Is fancy somedays but not always
4. Says its ok to watch the tablet and TV to get work done
5. Experiences new things with my family and without them
6. Strives my best to raise a strong little lady
7. Focuses on growing my business more than ever and learning my craft inside and out
8. Makes new friends but keeps the old
9. Makes time to give to people in need
10. Does a better job of making time for Herself
As I look into the future, it’s important to reflect on the past and celebrate some milestones for 2016. The past year was definitely one for the books and I appreciate everyone’s support in getting closer to my dream. I definitely crossed off some items from the bucket list.
These are my top moments of 2016:
1. Did a Presentation on finding your colors for a local women’s group
2. I co-hosted (along with some other fabulous ladies) a Fashion Show for I Know Somebody Houston’s White Hot Fashion Event
3. I was a guest on The Little Radio Show
4. Sat on the Expert Panel for the Launch of the Council of Food Wine and Fashion
5. Had my very first Val Around Town Blogger Fashion Show – styled by me!
6. Designed a graphic tee for a brand
7. Sat front row at Fashion Week Houston and met another cast member from Project Runway
8. Visited Chi HQ and had a personal makeover with my HLB Ladies
9. Participated in a Blogger vs. Blogger Thrift Challenge
10. Had the courage to leave my 9-5 to blog full time
I think it’s important to take time to document the successes. I know doing that keeps me grounded, helps me focus, helps me in determining the direction for my business, and keeps me positive during the lulls. Wishing everyone a fabulous 2017 and a year of getting closer to your dreams. What are your biggest plans for this year?