It’s the first day of Thanksgiving week and I can feel my pants getting tighter already! Can’t wait to see my family and friends and eat way too much food. This year has been full of challenges and obstacles but I have nothing to complain about, I am so thankful for everything. Sometimes we get way too caught up in the fast pace of life and forget how fortunate we are. I try and make it a point to sit back and remember all of my blessings often.
The top 10 things I am thankful for this year:
1. Health – I am a cancer survivor so every year in remission is a blessing. You just never know when your health condition can change and I am thankful that I am still healthy this year.
2. Being a Mother – Aly is a miracle baby (see my birth story here) and I thankful for her each day. She teaches me patience and how to love unconditionally every day.
3. Family –My family that supports me and helps me in everyday life.
4. The ability to do what I love – This year I was able to quit my 8-5 and pursue my love for Fashion and blog full time.
5. Friends – I am so thankful for my friends who are my biggest cheerleaders, most of my besties don’t live in the same city but still manage to be supportive and I couldn’t ask for more.
6. Education– I am so thankful that I was able to obtain a degree, earn an advance educational certification, and learn more than one language. I have such a thirst for knowledge that I plan to continue this forever. Oscar Wilde says, “You can never be overdressed or overeducated.” No truer words have been spoken.
7. Lessons I have learned– Like I said before life is full of obstacles and challenges and without these we do not grow.
8. Wine, Coffee, and Tacos– My favorite food and drinks! Without these I would not survive.
9. Failure – I am thankful for the failures I have encountered, learning from them and analyzing what I could have done better. Life isn’t perfect and doesn’t have to be to be beautiful!
10. Vacation– I am so grateful to be able to take vacations and get a little break once in a while. Traveling with children can be wearing but I want my child to see the world and learn about different cultures.
Hope you all take a step back and remember everything you are lucky enough to have this season. Join me and my fellow Houston Latina Bloggers as we share what we are thankful for this year!
This post is part of the Houston Latina Bloggers’ Thanksgiving Blog Hop. Please follow along with all our beautiful bloggers! And let’s give thanks! ¡Demos Gracias!
Monday, November 14th – Coppelia / www.Coppeliamarie.com
Tuesday, November 15th – Sybil Sanchez / www.sybilblog.wordpress.com
Wednesday, November 16th Anel Lestage / www.tendernestportraits.com
Thursday, November 17th Martha Villegas / www.LifetimeofBliss.com
Friday, November 18th Lauren Coto / www.wiferellatoboymom.blogspot.com
Saturday, November 19th Lizet Karla / firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday, November 20th Amanda Hewitt / www.PositivelyBeautifulLifeblog.com
Monday, November 21st Valerie Carmona / www.ValAroundTown.com
Tuesday, November 22nd Ahidee Romero / www.houseofromero.com
Wednesday, November 23rd Mary Nieto / 3nmeblog.com