It’s fall yall! Well it’s the fall season but we are still enjoying temps in the mid-eighties, which I don’t mind. I have however seen a ton of fall fashion posts with jackets, sweaters, and boots and I can’t imagine that right now. I decided to put together a fall like look and show you how you can do this even in the heat!
Yes, it’s another denim dress and I do have a million but they are such classics. Denim dresses are extremely versatile because they can be worn in any season. The denim dress can transform for most occasions and is a great piece to have as a staple in your wardrobe.
The look I put together today is a mix of fall colors and textures to get the warmth of fall without feeling like a 100 degrees. I paired this denim dress with a leopard scarf and belt, and some sparkle suede booties. The orange from the bag and scarf play nicely as a fall- ish color scheme. How can you achieve a fall look without the warmth?
How to achieve a Fall look without the warmth:
1. Wearing fall textures and materials: Suede is a great example of this and you can find a lot of suede shoes, boots, and skirts right now.
2. Incorporate fall colors into your look: Even short sleeve tops, shirts, and heels give the appearance of fall if they are in the right colors. Examples: Wine, Forest Green, Orange, Mustard, ect.
3. Wearing thin garments that cover more: You can achieve an easy fall look by wearing a sheer long sleeve top or a thin dress like the one I have on.
4. Booties, Booties, Booties: You can beat the heat with the booties trend, still having a boot look but your legs can breathe.
5. Accessorize: You can always add something that has a fall vibe like a felt hat, calf hair heels, a fur necklace, or even a scarf.
Dressing for fall in Houston can be challenging sometimes but possible. Little changes can go a long way. Here’s to fall fashion, pumpkin spice, and everything nice!