Networking has been a huge part of my life ever since I can remember. It began in high school for certain school organizations, continued in college, and is now in full force as a career woman. It is such a big part of my everyday life and I believe it’s important to network not only for your career but for yourself. The value of a vast network is immeasurable.
I attend 3 networking events a week at a minimum. That sounds like a lot to some people but I work in an industry where my job is to network and build relationships. Most of this is done during the day because as a working mom, most evenings are at home with my little one. So what do I wear to networking lunches?
I follow a couple of simple rules for networking events.
- Wear something your feel confident in – when you feel good you exude confidence.
- Wear something you are comfortable in- the last thing you need to be worried about is constantly adjusting yourself.
- Wear shoes you don’t mind walking and/or standing for long periods of time in.
- Dress professionally – nothing too tight, low cut, or short.
- Wear something that is truly you- a statement necklace, handbag, or shoes.
For this particular event, I chose to wear my new cape blazer from the Target Who What Wear collection. This piece is the perfect combination of style and fun. It can dress up a pair of jeans and make a suit more fun. I paired it with a colored top, sassy shoes, big earrings, and a bright handbag to complete the look.
What are you wearing to your networking events?