The countdown to my favorite holiday is in full effect. It’s almost Valentines Day- yay! With that being said, I love hearts and would love to share an easy DIY for you or your mini Valentine.
Here’s what you will need:
- 22 inches of 3/8″ Grosgrain Ribbon (color/s of your choice)
- Single prong alligator clip
- Glue Gun
- Shelf Liner – small piece to fit clip (optional for non-slip piece)
Let’s get started:
- Cut and heat seal 5 pieces of ribbon (3 X 4.5″ and 2X 4″)
- Take one 4.5″ piece and line the alligator clip (optional – add non-slip piece in this step)
- Take the 4″ pieces and glue them on top of the 4.5″ pieces (only a dot of glue on the end)
- Glue the two pieces from step 3 together to form a V, the shorter pieces should be at the bottom of the V shape
- Weave the ribbon over the sides starting from right to left and alternating ribbon on top and in between for the sides.
- Continue step 5 until you have completed the heart.
- Turn over and glue the clip to the back.
If you are more of a visual person, please see the pictures below.
Hope you have a lovely Valentine’s Day!